Jaffrey has a strong reputation as a business friendly community. Town officials are well known for supporting commercial and industrial growth.
- Three areas in Town are zoned for Industrial Development and the Downtown area includes the Commercial and General Business District. Industrial Districts include: Stone Arch Bridge; Drumlin Industrial Park; Knight St (maps and information).
- The Town has made significant investments in the water and sewer infrastructure, and continues to expand service to the Industrial Districts.
- Jaffrey also includes Economic Revitalization Zone (ERZ) Tax Credits (formerly CROP Zones) for the Drumlin Park and Stone Arch Bridge Districts.
- Jaffrey is home to leaders in Industry: Multi-national Medical Fabrication and Development Technologies, Renewable Energy Products and Systems, Pyrotechnics, Matchbooks...many manufacturing firms are thriving in Jaffrey.
- We have a manufacturing-based economy, creating some 1,200 jobs in goods production, and an additional 1,100 jobs in the service and government sectors. The Town favors 24 hour operations, encourages a strong employee work ethic, and supports excellent regional educational systems.